RE: Coco fiber (was Worm Castings)

It depends on the state of the coco fiber.  As loose (relatively speaking)
fiber of fine chunks, this material breaks down into a soggy wet mess in an
amazingly short period of time.  When used as fairly coarse (or large
chunks) it does appear to last longer than fir bark.  I wouldn't use coco
fiber in a terrestrial mix.  Even the large chunk material holds a
tremendous amount of water which speeds the breakdown process.  A similar
phenomenon occurs with cork bark.  Large slabs of this material are
essentially indestructable and have been used for years for mounting
orchids.  Someone got the bright idea many years ago to use granulated cork
bark as a substitute for fir bark in orchids.  That material (the fine
grade) turns completely to mush in less than 6 months.  Anyway, pine bark
mulch would be a better substitute in my opinion.