Anthurium growing pains

  • Subject: Anthurium growing pains
  • From: Durightmm@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 22:24:40 -0500 (CDT)

While most genera at this time are in decline some are at their peak.  For example cardiolonchiums, for this southwest Florida grower, are vibrant and in flower as are other genera such as non aroid megakapasma.   While I have no scientific supporting data for this I suspect it is in part due to the sun.  I also suspect these species are responding to influences from their nativity.    For example are they responding to a spring like atmosphere?.  There is a very narrow window where for a moment neither spring nor fall is readily descernable for we humans so surely plants could be far more sensitive to nuances of change.  Anthuriums have for me always shown a capacity to grow as they will and makes tending them an ongoing learning experience.   Joe.