Re: Introduction to Aroid-L

  • Subject: Re: Introduction to Aroid-L
  • From: "Ron Iles" <roniles@eircom.net>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 18:52:05 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, Emily,

If it is pertinent, I welcome you as Petra & other good people did me.  'Saw a picture taken in a Group at the Annual Breakfast & so good to hear that you are Tom's support at Missouri.  You could not find a better group of folks than the IAS.  They really are quite wonderful.  Glow people glow!  If I for one can help you don't hesitate to say.  I'm something to do with the IAS News & have untreatable Spathiphyllum disease.

Now Folks, PLEASE, we (Jill, Graphics Wizard, Cinncinati, & me, SW Ireland) we need your articles for the News please else could we delay Christmas please?

The Best

Ron
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 5:59 PM
Subject: Introduction to Ariod-L

Dear Arioders,
As a new subscriber to your list, I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself.  My name is Emily Orling, I recently graduated from  Gustavus Adolphus College in Minnesota, and I just began working with Tom Croat at the Missouri Botanical Garden.  Some of you might know  Petra; I'll be taking her place as a research assistant to Tom.  My knowledge of Aroids is fairly limited, but I'm excited to learn about these interesting plants!  I have already begun training about how to describe aroids, how to distinquish different sections of Anthuriumand how to deal with the complex recording systems.  It will take us a while to dig out from under the large backlog of work in the office and greenhouse but we hope to get back to work on the Revision of Dieffenbachia, Araceae for the Flora of Ecuador, Flora of Chiapas and Flora of the Guianas.

I hope to get to know most of you via correspondence with the aroid group or at the Garden, and eventually get an opportunity to meet some if not all of you!  Thank you for your time,

   Emily Orling