Re: aglaonemas

  • Subject: Re: aglaonemas
  • From: George Yao <gcyao@netasia.net>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 16:03:30 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Paul and everyone,

Aglaonemas are the rave in Thailand nowadays, and although Philippine
hybridizers had introduced several nice hybrids, the place to find the most
sought after ones is Bangkok. A tidbit to whet your appetites, a couple of
months back, three newly grown hybrid seedlings as a package went for one
million baht (a little more than US$20,000) to a Malaysian enthusiast who
reportedly gifted them to the Sultan of Brunei. Of the three, the most
valuable was said to be the one with leaves as red as the red poinsettia.
The other two are a pinkish-leaved one and a yellow-leaved one.

George Yao <gcyao@netasia.net>
Metro-Manila, Philippines