Re: alocasia sinuata

  • Subject: Re: alocasia sinuata
  • From: George Yao <gcyao@netasia.net>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 16:05:01 -0500 (CDT)

Brian,

Are you sure your 7ft plant is A. sinuata? Dr. A. Hay's recent review of Philippine Alocasias described A. sinuata (syn. A. 'Quited Dreams') as a herb to only 35cms. My Quilted Dreams grow to not much more than a foot.

To answer Tony's query on origin, in the same review, the note on distribution of A. sinuata says it is endemic to the Philippines.

George Yao <gcyao@netasia.net>
Metro-Manila, Philippines