Re: alocasia sinuata

  • Subject: Re: alocasia sinuata
  • From: Denis <denis@skg.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:06:34 -0600 (CST)

Dear Aroiders:

The tall Alocasia plants that were sent out of my nursery labeled
Alocasia sinuata could very well have been miss identified. The Tissue
culture labs are propagators and take the word of the person who brings
a plant in as to its identity. There is no protocol which requires that
they take it to a taxonomist and have it properly identified before they
propagate and disseminate liners to plant nurseries to grow out and
sell. Therefor a few plants go out into the industry with incorrect
names because growers believe the lab's id or the originators id to be

Denis at Silver Krome Gardens, Inc.