Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus FAQ part 3

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Amorphophallus FAQ part 3
  • From: "Randy Story" story@caltech.edu
  • Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 10:41:33 -0700

>  Hi Randy,
>> I'm a little confused about your perspective of classifying anything as
>> indoors or outdoors, even though that may make perfect horticultural sense to
>> a specific grower in a specific climate.  Basically, they were all born
>> outside ... someplace.

Michael,

I reread my original post (below) and I guess I really don't think that I
said that.  If what I said could be interpreted that way, sorry, it wasn't
my intent.  I am definitely curious whether people can grow them inside for
part of the year where the growing season is very short, and outside when
the weather permits.  I received a post that suggests this is in fact the
case

I am very pleased to hear that people can and do grow these inside.  I will
include that in the FAQ.

On another note, I noticed that I said that Christmas is the wrong season
for an Amorphophallus Christmas (or other holiday) tree.  I forgot about the
southern hemisphere!

Randy