Re: [aroid-l] virused emails

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] virused emails
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:41:51 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Alan Galloway <alan_galloway@ncsu.edu>
To: <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 6:28 AM

Dear Friends,

I`m back---Alan, thanks for clarifying the below.
 In an attempt to let others know what had befallen my comp., let me tell
you that my comp. was recently upgraded from Windows 95 to 98, the Norton
virus protection from W/95 could not be transfered from W/95 to W/98, we
were NOT informed of this whan the upgrade was made, so not one, but FIVE
virus' quickly infected my comp.; the worst was the 'bugbear', others were
'hooker', 'eikem', 'klenz', and 'badtrans'.    These came in disguised as a
letter with a subject line 'Monroe Birdsey Award', so they did 'fool' me.
They were sent by a trojan-type virus via a trusted member of this list to
me, he had no way to know that his comp. was doing it (it would be
interesting to find out where HE got it from!!).    It cost me dearly in
time and $$ to fix my comp., and I can only hope not many on this list were
infected.    I urge all who do NOT have GOOD virus protection to get it
ASAP.
Onward to fun again!

Julius

>>I would like to clarify that the virused emails that some of us (myself
included) received was not sent through through the aroid-l
list server.  It was sent from and infected machine of an individual.

Alan<<