Re: [aroid-l] HID Lights

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] HID Lights
  • From: MossyTrail@cs.com
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 12:32:37 EDT

In a message dated 10/13/2002 8:49:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
story@caltech.edu writes:

> However, when the INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service
> for non-Americans) found out that she "lied" on her application form, they
> deported her.  This was an article in a Times article about how the INS has
> basically unlimited powers to deport non-citizens.

Except for the deportation bit, that's not much different from the Navy.
They ask you a dozen different ways if you've ever done drugs.  If you have,
tell them so -- they won't hold your past against you unless you lie about
it, but if you DO lie about it, and they find out, big trouble.

Re: mistaken plant identity -- I have a pressed leaf of Acer palmatum
dissectum which has gotten me "knowing" winks from some people.  Sillier,
though, is when I get that reaction to a pressed Liquidambar styraciflua
leaf.  I can also get a reaction by showing people (who have not been to the
tropics) a photo of a field of cassava.

Now how can we get this tangent back to aroids?

Jason Hernandez