Re: [aroid-l] Etymology of AROID <= ARUM <= ARON

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Etymology of AROID <= ARUM <= ARON
  • From: "Ron" ronlene@adelphia.net
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:46:26 -0400

I feel honored to have evoked such intellectual discourse on what I
supposed, was a simple question. Apparently, in order to find an answer, we
had to leave the family Araceae and venture to a foreign family, Liliaceae.
I don't think the Trillium flower bears to much resemblance to an "Aroid"
flower.  Ron    P.S. I still hope someone can give me the names of the
tubers that were sold at the Fairchild show by the Thai man.