Re: [aroid-l] Etymology of AROID <= ARUM <= ARON

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Etymology of AROID <= ARUM <= ARON
  • From: "Ron Iles" roniles@eircom.net
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:22:52 +0100

Fellow Greeks

Begorrah! What a muckle about a fickle or more correctly is it a mickle
about a fuckle?  Anyhow, Ye doth my barrel noisy make & remind me more of
pheasantry than pedantry. Aroid, aron, arum, arid?  What matter in the
inflorescence of good words?   And did your hear that today too "they"
launched a satellite to see black holes that don't exist now and even when
they did were too heavy even for light to escape from.   Oh, woe me, I've
gone beyond the nuclear confines of my barrel. & an infinitive I've split.

Di.O'Jenees