Re: [aroid-l] hibernation time

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] hibernation time
  • From: "Jean-luc Gatard " jlgate@caramail.com
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:23:55 +0100

 Susan,

The photo of konjac tuber disease I tried to send to the group present the
same sympthoms with a cracked bottom.
After reflexion and the reading of your message,I'm sharing your posiiton
with  a possible origin of excessive watering at the final stage when tuber
rippening;
Curiousely,only extra large tuber seem to be sensible and present this state.
Problems with fungus attack are frequent after harvest and they need to be
regulary controlled during the winter storage.Tuber base look like the skin
of Dioscorea elephantipes.
I will leave them in fungicide bath before storage.
A 13 kg big tuber is seriousely dammaged and had probably loosed weight.
Paeoniifolius are also large,but I never occured  this problem.
Jean-Luc