Re: [aroid-l] Epipremnum

> Is there a proper botanical name for our common Pothos?  I've seen
>Epipremnum pinnatum and Epipremnum falcifolium.  Is one more proper than
>the other?  Does anyone collect these plants?  There are several
>interesting species, but I don't see much talk about them.

Leslie,

I believe that the common Pothos, known also as Golden Pothos or Devil's
Ivy, is botanically Epipremnum aureum (Lind. & Andre) Bunting.
Also, could you please get back to me if you still have an abundance of
seedlings of the Philodendron species you were writing about a month or so
back? Thanks.

Jonathan

Jonathan Ertelt, Greenhouse Manager
Department of Biological Sciences