Re: [Aroid-l] greenhouse questions

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] greenhouse questions
  • From: "Jeff Rosenstiel" <jjjj4@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 17:09:17 -0500

Would be willing to help with any questions on greenhouse growing, MN here so I know how it is with cold! Moving in 300+ aroids right now today, from the summer greenhouse to there glass/winter home, as it has been 30s-40s here with temps falling into the 20s by tuesday, Yuk,
The main trick is to contol you watering with your temps in the greenhouse. all comes down to how warm your going to keep it.
I have found that may aroid do well in the cool temps here.
This year has been a record cold summer for us here, So most everything I had out side grew in a temp/plastic greenhouse for the whole summer
Have a Titanum here that I have had for about 3 years that seems to just like the cool temps over the winter in the greenhouse, I know it should not. but???? and its growning in soil that is probley not what correct for it, but it seems to work up here.
I grow many Aroids, including Amorphophallus Titanum here, Even just started 4 more Titanums here from seed that are now a foot or more tall,
----- Original Message ----- From: "Susan Cooper" <coops@execpc.com>