Re: [Aroid-l] greenhouse questions

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] greenhouse questions
  • From: Bonaventure W Magrys <magrysbo@shu.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:37:48 -0400

I'm very much interested. Please tell us pitfalls and pluses you encounter.
What to make sure you get, what to watch out for.

After decades (I started out as a kid) of growing orchids under lights, I
went from miniatures to the point of my eyes being larger than my growing
space as well as my wallet, and now that I have tropical, chill-hating
aroids, the make-shift cold frames and cold back room or basement suitable
for the Brugmansia cuttings, Hedychium and frost-induced dormancy
Amorphophallus dugups among other things are no longer sufficient. (What
the hell am I going to do with 2 Balsa tree saplings grown from seed in my

Bonaventure Magrys
Cliffwood Beach, New Jersey
USA zone 7

                      "danny wilson"
                      <mudwasp_@hotmail.c        To:       aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
                      om>                        cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject:  Re: [Aroid-l] greenhouse questions
                      10/03/2004 02:09 PM
                      Please respond to
                      Discussion of

Same here, im going to be putting up a greenhouse soon as well and would
love to hear waht everyone has to say

>From: "S.P.J. Hoogma" <s.p.j.hoogma@hccnet.nl>
>To: "Discussion of aroids" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
>Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] greenhouse questions
>Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 13:13:03 +0200
>Please not off-list; I am interested too...
>Sipke Hoogma
answer lots of questions (off list) about greenhouse growing?
>   I suddenly realize that I really don't know the first thing about
growing plants in a greenhouse having grown them inside a house, and
outdoors, for years and years.
>   I'm in central Iowa, US, and right now temperatures are freezing at
night and in the 50-70F during the day. (Sorry Wilbert but that's what my
thermometer says, Fahrenheit.) My plants are in the neighbor's garage (long
story) for another week until the greenhouse is finished. (I hope it's just
a week. So do my neighbors.)