Re: [Aroid-l] Fertilizing A. titanum

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Fertilizing A. titanum
  • From: "Clark T. Riley" <drriley@mypcr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:07:11 -0400

I've been growing titanum for over 5 years now. Mine are about 6 feet tall in small tubs. I add about two tablespoons of Osmocote slow release fertilizer when I take the plants out in Spring. I know that's not enough for fast growth, but since they have to spend the Winter indoors under lights in the basement, that is part of the object. I've certainly seen no adverse effects.

If you are bringing them indoors, I'd suggest not adding nutrients in the Fall but in the Spring. Otherwise, you may get spindly growth if you don't have strong Winter light.

Clark Riley
Baltimore, Maryland, USA