RE: [Aroid-l] Identification Help

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Identification Help
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" hetter@xs4all.nl
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 05:03:26 +0200

Hi Mike,

This is a Pseudodracontium species. Since you didn't open the spathe and showed us the naughty bits, there's no way to be sure about the species. I don't know what you are trying to tell us in wiriting that the spadix never elongated past the flowers. The flowers are ON the spadix, as in every aroid. The appendix in Pseudodracontium (the top part of the spadix) is wrinkled or papillate, and that is visible in the picture.

Why it didn't open beyond this point I don't know.

Cheerio,
Wilbert