[Aroid-l] Philodendron 'Big Red'.

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Philodendron 'Big Red'.
  • From: "Russ" chammer@cfl.rr.com
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:30:24 -0400

I have a Philo from the Aroid Society people in central west Fla, a supposed
hybrid named 'Big Red.  Can anyone confirm this name is valid, and what its
parentage is??  It looks to be a semi self-header, has undulating leaf
edges, shotgun spots on petioles, top of leaf is green but has a bright
brick red reverse on new leaves, which fades somewhat with age.

I'm wondering if P. maximum could be one of the parents, or if it is, in
fact, maximum.

Thanks in advance for any info,
Russ
central Fla