RE: [Aroid-l] unknown Xanthostoma with purple coloring

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] unknown Xanthostoma with purple coloring
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" edggon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 13:14:57 +0000

Dear Eric,

To me, your purplish Xanthosoma is one of the many forms of Xanthosoma atrovirens. I have also seen a reddish form ("morada") and the regular blackish form.
The "Colocasia" excalibur is, for sure, a Caladium, probably from the group of Caladium picturatum. Julius, is this the one you brought from Trinidad?

Very best wishes,

Dr. Eduardo G. Goncalves
Universidade Catolica de Brasilia
Curso de Ciencias Biologicas