bulbifer bulb

  • Subject: bulbifer bulb
  • From: Alice Nicolson <taxonomy@verizon.net>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 12:19:19 -0400

Help - I have  young Amorphophallus bulbifer plant, grown from seed,
and the current leaf has a bulbil , now about 1 cm, which is now off
the senescent leaf. I assume that I can plant this but don't know
when - immediately or in early spring? - and which end is up? No
particular growing point that I can see - suggestions please!
Alice Nicolson
Arlington VA, Z7 - and all I grow is the pesky bulbous aroids!