Re: bulbifer bulb

  • Subject: Re: bulbifer bulb
  • From: ALLAN TETZLAFF <atetzlaff@rogers.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 15:22:28 -0400 (EDT)

They seem quite resilient, so don't panic.....  I've grown lots and lots of them like this.  I would just store it dry along side of the bulb it came off of.... when that bulb starts to grow again, plant the bulbil at the same time.  It doesn't matter which way up, it will grow and make it's bulb so that next time you'll look at a normal bulb and will be able to tell...

Alice Nicolson <taxonomy@verizon.net> wrote:
Help - I have young Amorphophallus bulbifer plant, grown from seed,
and the current leaf has a bulbil , now about 1 cm, which is now off
the senescent leaf. I assume that I can plant this but don't know
when - immediately or in early spring? - and which end is up? No
particular growing point that I can see - suggestions please!
Alice Nicolson
Arlington VA, Z7 - and all I grow is the pesky bulbous aroids!
Aroid-L mailing list

Aroid-L mailing list