Re: Little black bugs eating Alocasias

  • Subject: Re: Little black bugs eating Alocasias
  • From: "Michael Mahan" <agavestar@covad.net>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:05:01 -0700

Try Orange oil in slight concentrations with a small amount of soap added.  I use  Zep Citrus cleaner & degreaser concentrate @ Home Depot . gallon jug $8.00 lasts for a years ( no need for soap with this product) as it has a  surfacent in it  .. use 50/25 to one in a spray bottle ,  I have even sprayed Orchid blooms with the stuff to kill mealies with no damage at all to the blooms .I’ve used it in a garden sprayer to spray every plant in my greenhouse to kill off all the white fly at once …  kills on contact . dissolves the exoskeleton of insects instantly even in slight concentrations . Here in California they are now using it for termite control . Best part it’s Non-toxic in the deluded form . best ant killer I’ve ever found .. flood a pot infected with a nest of ants, no harm at all to the plant, ants/queens are history in short order   THE BEST PART !  Smells great  . the greenhouse smells like oranges after I’m done …