Re: IAS Miami Show

  • Subject: Re: IAS Miami Show
  • From: "Michael Mahan" <agavestar@covad.net>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:58:53 -0700

I must agree with Betsy Feuerstein  ..whole heartily .. I think that any dilution/reduction/movement of the status of the  IAS Miami show  would be a Huge Mistake !  My posts were meant to have a IAS  presence at other garden & flower/orchid shows just to encourage new membership . as for a Westcoast IAS show & sale, there is no way that could fly as a stand up show / sale by its self . It would have to be in conjunction with some other  established Garden / Home / Orchid Show as a booth or a  junior partnership to an ongoing annual event . Even then there would have to be an Club well in place , that is a local entity established with board members & a bank account , just to even think of holding such a event or even a booth. And Betsy is right , that all takes a lot of hard work, long extensive planning , very loyal dedication & a willingness to devote a lot of one’s own personal time  from persons who would be able to stay in that mode for a long time, that & Cash ! Which would not be drawn from the IAS its self  as that would dilute the reserves that fuel the Miami show .

     As for a moving show that in no way will work unless there is some IAS  member who has really deep pockets to fund a tour of livings plants on a road tour with rented trucks and a support crew . Yes it sounds good about having a moving show to showcase are loved Ariods but  come back to real world on this thinking. This is not a Rock Star on tour who can charge high ticket prices to cover the expenses of moving Live Plants across state lines…

  All this is I M H O ……..

                  Michael Mahan