Re: Convention Speculations

  • Subject: Re: Convention Speculations
  • From: "Betsy Feuerstein" <ecuador10@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:06:02 -0500

The annual program at the Miami show could be recorded for distribution if that would interest people. I might think that one could be handled with a minimal expense and risk. Perhaps that would be a good way to start. I know you folk want instant gratification and I understand that, but use a tat of common sense before you jump into the fires of setting up a program, sales, and in a new location without folk who know the area and what is potentially available. You better have a good organizer in the bunch to do the leg work to put something together. You better have a guaranteed financial backer who will cover the potential expenses. I doubt IAS has the funds to guarantee the potential losses if the financial aspects of the project were not met. There usually is a lead time of at least a year to set up a program of any size. Your ideas are wonderful but not much of the discussion of the work that it would take to get such done has been offered. Perhaps set up a committee at this time to look into several proposals and places and what it would cost and how and if it could be done. I would think this would fall into the hands of the executive board to appoint an advisory committee to look into the possibility of having an additional IAS project in some other city other than Miami and at a different time of year when those who have not been able to come might be able to come and when that might be.
Betsy