Re: Anthurium seeds

  • Subject: Re: Anthurium seeds
  • From: "Michael Mahan" <agavestar@covad.net>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 23:39:54 -0700

Well I knew this was gonna start as soon as people started seeing any plant selling for hundreds &  hundreds of dollars a pop on ebay.As then the market gets flooded with all kinds of look alike plants  ,nearly perfect knockoffs & downright fraud  items ,mislabeled plants , stolen photo’s , all this going to do is hurt real  Quality  Ariod plant sellers like IAS members & others on Ebay . As a long time plant collector I’ve seen this happen many times before. The same thing happened in the succulent/cactus market ,then the African fat tree market , & I see it’s happened also in the Japanese Maple market , not to mention Orchids ,all these markets on ebay went way up fast, people got burnt then the bottom falls out due to everyone telling anyone & everyone that is all bad on Ebay . The New Fashion’s Anthuriums  !  We  are gonna take a hit fast & hard  soo look out all . We seen it coming..  To all who sell quality plants on Ebay be fair, be honest & be upfront but what goes up must come down , with the market rising soo fast it’s gonna fall hard .soo plz prepare as best you can or you might find yourself going to heck in a hand basket ..      Rare Anthurium seeds from Turkey ??  shipped for a dollar ?

   Michael Mahan

 A disclaimer from me as I do sell parts of my propagations of plants from my collection on Ebay  but I do not sell anthuriums Or rare philo’s , I never sell seeds of anything .. I  just auction  the more common variegates of philo’s ,succulents, variegated agaves, African euphorbias  ,cacti ,aloes , trees  & used  car parts off the car I’m modifying . the cash this generates gives me a cash flow so that I can buy rare plants from other IAS members & pay for my trips to the Miami IAS show & sale , as I’m just a postal employee with a plant addiction  ,that I’m very proud to say I am a member of a Great IAS  organization ..