Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Anthurium seeds

At least in my case, trying to call eBay is worse than calling the bank!  All you get is "press 4, press 6, press 2, please visit our website".  They won't take a report!  I've filed my report (twice) and I hope most of you have done likewise.  But it appears ladybotany is going to get away with her first bunch of scam auctions.  Some have already ended and others will end shortly.  The auctions for Anthruium superbum will exceed $150 each for 5 seeds!
Personally, I now have zero faith in eBay.  It appears, at least on the surface, they care more about the money they make off listings and commissions plus their percentage of PayPal than they do about theft of copyright materials and fraudulent offerings. Don't know about the rest of you, but I made my report on Thursday and repeated it on Friday.  So far, I've not heard a single word.  And I really don't expect to ever hear a word!
Steve Lucas