Re: Varigated ZZ`s and more.

  • Subject: Re: Varigated ZZ`s and more.
  • From: "Michael Mahan" <agavestar@covad.net>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 23:31:07 -0700

Limited info so far ..  as there is a lab that is using a chemical that
induces it (variegation ) while the tissue is being cultured but they seem
to be holding their cards tightly to the chest as a bunch of agaves are
showing up that way ,  that lab is in Northeast -New England  .. BUT the
outcome is very variable right now & the clones seem to revert back , some
very fast under good culture & I'll find the link to it but there is  one
lab is in the EU that is doing succulents much the same way & auctioning off
the mistakes as they are wildly colored .. any variegate collectors be way
cautious  about new clones as the reversions back to green are wide spread
thru may species from what I am hearing thru rumors from other
dealers/collectors .. seems there are a few well known nurseries involved
but all this is rumor,  So no flaming        .. Michael Mahan