Re: Aroid-L Digest, Vol 51, Issue 24

  • Subject: Re: Aroid-L Digest, Vol 51, Issue 24
  • From: "Mark McCauley" <Hort.doc@att.net>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 06:59:01 -0600

Speaking of A. Paeonifolius, I had a good sized plant last year that threw
up a new stem at the end of the season. I put the whole thing, lock, stock,
pot and all into storage. This year, it had a little, wimpy, 6" stem on it
the whole summer. When I dug it up this fall, the tuber was still quite
large, maybe a pound or more. Do they sometimes go "dormant" for a season?
Thanks-
Mark in Denver