Re: I need information on Amorphophallus Paeonifolius -any experts out there?

  • Subject: Re: I need information on Amorphophallus Paeonifolius -any experts out there?
  • From: Ken Mosher <ken@spatulacity.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 02:41:53 -0400

Ty didn't say where he was, but he said he was expecting his first frost
in a week. That's enough info for me - his plants are sitting in the
cold and the potting mix is probably wet. For me that has been fatal to
almost every species.  If they were in dry mix they might be OK, but in
my experience being damp and cold is an excellent way to guarantee a
dead paeoniifolius.  The plant itself may look healthy and the tuber
might feel firm, but by springtime it's likely to be shriveled and
dead.  Just my own experiences...

-Ken