Re: giant form A. paeoniifolius

  • Subject: Re: giant form A. paeoniifolius
  • From: Susan B <honeybunny442@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 20:08:59 -0700 (PDT)

Title: Re: [Aroid-l] giant form A. paeoniifolius
Here are some photos of a large one at Fairchild, before the 2004 show.  The one in the black pot to the far right I have labeled "smooth petiole".  The smaller terra-cotta pot in the middle is Amorphophallus tinekeae.
Do you remember all the discussion on rough versus smooth paeoniifolius?

This is one I could never grow in WI- the growing season just wasn't long enough... I'd like to give it a try againl (either a giant or regular size) now that I have a greenhouse (and live in a warmer clime).