Re: Cold Tolerant Amporhs

  • Subject: Re: Cold Tolerant Amporhs
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 20:14:17 +0200

Hi Dan,

Now I plant tubers of T. venosum in pots and during winter I store them in a
cellar,
but earlier I planted them directly into the ground,
and it often happened that I didn't dig all of them in autumn,
then only the youngest tubers survived and put leaves next year,
but much later than these stored in the cellar.

My largest tuber was 11 cm in diameter and the inflorescence
grown from it was 86 cm (almost 1 fl) tall with the peduncle.
The cultivar 'Indian Giant' may produce larger tubers, I don't know cos I
don't have it.

Besides Arisaema I have in my garden 2 species of Arum,
2 species of Pinellia and Calla palustris (in water).
This year I bought Orontium, maybe it will survive too.

Best,
Marek