Re: Strange white mold/spots on amorphophallus tubers

  • Subject: Re: Strange white mold/spots on amorphophallus tubers
  • From: David <onimua@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 15:39:41 -0400

Hey guys,

I want to thank everyone for the advice so far. I had no idea they were root mealybugs (I thought they looked different). I'm currently soaking the tubers in mix of insecticidal soap and water for a few minutes. My other fear is the Amorphophallus I have in pots. I don't think digging them up, soaking, and then repotting is a good idea, but not sure how to prevent, and perhaps stop if they're already there, the mealybugs from attacking the other plants. Can I pour a weaker soap/water mix into the pot the same way I water them? Would that work?

And if I have root mealybugs, will I have to worry about the other kind that attacks the leaves? I also have orchids and some staghorn ferns (small ones) in that same room - are they in any danger?

Thanks again!
Aroid-L mailing list