Re: Cold Tolerant Amporhs

  • Subject: Re: Cold Tolerant Amporhs
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 15:22:48 -0500 (CDT)

Marek,

I grow several Zantedeschia species and hybrids outdoors here (some of
them more than 15 years now) and they generally do well, but not Z.
aethiopica. In the greenhouse yes, outdoors no. It does as you say -
persists for a year or two, generally not growing very well, then dies.

I haven't tried jucunda or odorata outdoors yet - anyone know how hardy
they are?

Steve

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009, Marek Argent wrote:

> Hello Steve,
>
> That's great. This year I have many young tubers of A. konjac, so I can try
> to leave some.
> I had once in my garden Zantedeschia aethiopica, it survived 3 years, but it
> bloomed only once.
> http://www.wschowa.com/abrimaal/araceum/zantedeschia/aethiopica.htm
> (scroll the page down).
>
> Best,