RES: Off-topic: examples of botanical nomenclature

Dear Steve,

I have no clue on the first case, but my guess in the second case is not
off-topic at all... Try Caladium bicolor. I know that there are a few plants
that were considered C. bicolor in the past (as C. picturatum, C.smaradignum
and C. steudneriifolium) that are now considered good species but if you
include described varieties (that are not accepted by no one I know) and
also older names, I think there are more than 60 synonyms!!!!

Very best wishes,

Eduardo.

INHOTIM
Dr. EDUARDO G. GONÇALVES
Curador Botânico e Paisagista
Jardim Botânico

Rua B, 20
35460-000 | Brumadinho | MG | Brasil
+55 31 3571.6638  Ramal Fixo 107         +55 31 9604.8618  Ramal 380
Rua Antônio de Albuquerque, 215 | Funcionários
30112-010 | Belo Horizonte | MG | Brasil
+55 31 3223.8224
Antes de imprimir, pense em sua responsabilidade com o Meio Ambiente.