Re: Off-topic: examples of botanical nomenclature

Dear Steve,

the plant with the most synonyms I know is a common good sized
neotropical orchid Epidendrum nocturnum.

I think in old colonial times all botanists and plant collectors found
it and everybody described it separately in different universities the
home countries Spain, Portugal, Brittain, Holland etc.

Best whishes,         Joep