Re: Pinellia tripartita - is it a weed?

Nick:

        We have grown P. cordata, P. pedatisecta, and P. tripartita for 8
years in our garden.  We knew P. ternata was a weed and declined to plant
it.  P. pedatisecta is now being banished from our garden, as it simply
spread too rapidly.  P. tripartita has behaved wonderfully, and while it
reseeded some, it all stays near the mother plant.  P. tripartita
'Atropurpurea' had reseeded very little...unfortunately.  I wish I could
enourage P. cordata to spread, as it is absolutely stunning!  I hope this helps.
Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, NC  27603
USA
ph 919 772-4794
fx 919 662-0370
email  tony@plantdel.com
USDA zone 7, 0F-100F
"I Consider Every Plant Hardy Until I Have Killed It Myself...Three Times" -
Avent