Re: Pinellia tripartita - is not a weed !

Dear Nick;
	I've grown all the Pinellia I can get my hands on and do not
consider P. tripartita a
weed. It has been confused with P. ternata which certainly has weedy
tendencies, but the true tripartita is quite well behaved and in a shady
moist spot (like I imagine most of New Zealnd to be) it should be stunning.
I think you might try all the species with a warning on P. ternata (try it
in a pot and don't mix soils or keep the pot near fertile ground). P.
pedatisecta can take a lot of abuse and reseed heavily, but it is quite
attractive and I haven't banished it yet. P. cordata is a slow gem and grow
it as much and well as you can.
	P. integrifolia and P. peltata remain elusive and not in
cultivation unless someone can refute this.

	Jim W.

James W. Waddick          		Voice: 816 746 1949
8871 NW Brostrom Rd                  	E-MAIL: jim-jim@swbell.net
Kansas City MO 64152 		Fax: 816 746 1939
Zone 5/6 -
Winter low  -10=B0F
Summer high +100=B0F