Re: Smallest Aroids - mini-Acorus

>Dear Carlo,
>
>Some forms of Spathicarpa hastifolia are very small when adult (less
>than 12cm tall). You can also add Pistia on your list.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Eduardo.

Dear Carlo, Eduardo et all,
	If Eduardo can include Pistia, you might as well consider Lemna,
Wolfia etc - the smallest of ALL flowering plants. Once included among
Araceae, now mostly separated.

	On the other hand, a really small aroid I have lost and would like
to replace is a very small form of Acorus gramineus pusillus - unnamed
small form. This typical acorus-looking plant has foliage under 1 inch in
height and was perfectly hardy here outdoors like its numerous cousins. It
is about 1/3 the height of the typical A. gramineus pusillus. Does anyone
grow this and want to trade?

	Best		Jim W.

James W. Waddick          		Voice: 816 746 1949
8871 NW Brostrom Rd                  	E-MAIL: jim-jim@swbell.net
Kansas City MO 64152 		Fax: 816 746 1939
Zone 5/6 -
Winter low  -10=B0F
Summer high +100=B0F