Re: zantedeschia hardy in zone 7? wrote:
>      steve, which zantedeschias do you grow?  what zone are you in?  i'd be
>      interested in finding out which zantedeschias i can grow outside here
>      in new york city  i have rehmmanni and aethiopica, which i bring
>      inside every year
>      tsuh yang
Hi Tsuh,
I grow both Zantedeschia albo-maculata, white Calla lily with white
spotted foliage and Zantedeschia rehmannii, pink calla with solid green
foliage in zone 7. I have heard that these are hardy to zone 6. I live
14 miles north from the heart of Charlotte NC.
I have a few extra seeds if you would like to trade them for you Z.
aethiopica 'Green Goddess" seeds if you have them.
I planted my Zantedschia seeds 1st of May out doors in shade. They all
came up 2 weeks later. I have plenty of these small plants to trade
Also I have a 2 page list other varieties of seeds and plants that I
would love to trade. Has anyone made a bouquet of Bells of Ireland with
Calla lilies? A perfect combo and long lasting. I have Bells of Ireland
seed also, etc.
Judy Bauer
8440 Huckleberry Trail
Concord NC 28027       US Plant zone 7b