Re: Defending Pinellia ternata ???

Jim:

        Have you ever see the giant acreage at Mobot that has been taken
over with pinellia?  I saw this when I visited about 4 years ago.  For us,
in our sandy soil it is NOT easy to pull out.  It is only with a spading
fork that we can remove the weedy pinellias without them breaking off.  In
clay soils, it would probably require miniature nuclear devices.
Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, NC  27603
USA
ph 919 772-4794
fx 919 662-0370
email  tony@plantdel.com
USDA zone 7, 0F-100F
"I Consider Every Plant Hardy Until I Have Killed It Myself...Three Times" -
Avent