RE: Smallest Aroids - mini-Acorus

>        I purchased the dwarf Acorus gramineus 'Pusillus' many times over
>the years under a variety of different names, and when left undivided, it
>all grew up to be A. g. 'Pusillus'.  We have found that nurserymen who are
>eager to divide plants too quickly can "dwarf" a plant.  This condition
>remains until the plant can be left undivided for at least three years.

The above is true but there is one more consideration...  If the plant has
been sprayed with one of the growth inhibitors, it will take about three
years for the spray to disapate.  We have had this problem, in Florida,
with people who sell "Dwarf Bougainvillea".  To the best of my knowledge,
there is no such dwarf....  Also, Nurseries try to sell "Dwarf Impatiens"
which has reacted to a product "Bonsai".  So, it could be chemically

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut
Your Source for Tropical Araceae