RE: Smallest Aroids - mini-Acorus

        I guess we can talk about acorus until someone proves that it's not
an aroid any longer.  It sounds like the "splitters" have been at work again.

        I purchased the dwarf Acorus gramineus 'Pusillus' many times over
the years under a variety of different names, and when left undivided, it
all grew up to be A. g. 'Pusillus'.  We have found that nurserymen who are
eager to divide plants too quickly can "dwarf" a plant.  This condition
remains until the plant can be left undivided for at least three years.

        A. g. 'Minnimus Aureus' is more dwarf than A. g. 'Pusillus' and
stays short.  I think the A.g. 'Pusillus Aureus' that you mention is this plant.
Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, NC  27603
ph 919 772-4794
fx 919 662-0370
USDA zone 7, 0F-100F
"I Consider Every Plant Hardy Until I Have Killed It Myself...Three Times" -