RE: Smallest Aroids - mini-Acorus

From: on behalf of Dan Harrison
Sent: 	Friday, October 24, 1997 11:16 AM
Subject: 	Re: Smallest Aroids - mini-Acorus

James W. Waddick wrote:
>         On the other hand, a really small aroid I have lost and would like
> to replace is a very small form of Acorus gramineus pusillus - unnamed
> small form. This typical acorus-looking plant has foliage under 1 inch in
> height and was perfectly hardy here outdoors like its numerous cousins. It
> is about 1/3 the height of the typical A. gramineus pusillus. Does anyone
> grow this and want to trade?

>>Hi James,
Run a search for "Bonsai", A. gramineus pusillus is often listed in
Bonsai catalogs.
BTW; are you familiar with A. gramineus pusillus 'Aureus'? It's about
the same size (slightly larger)
and chartreuse to yellow.
Dan Harrison
Hi Guys,
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe that fairly recent research
has shown that Acorus is NOT an Aroid!  Any one else has more info on this??