RE: Smallest Aroids - mini-Acorus

----------
From: 	aroid-l@mobot.org on behalf of Dan Harrison
Sent: 	Friday, October 24, 1997 11:16 AM
To: 	ju-bo@msn.com
Subject: 	Re: Smallest Aroids - mini-Acorus

James W. Waddick wrote:

>         On the other hand, a really small aroid I have lost and would like
> to replace is a very small form of Acorus gramineus pusillus - unnamed
> small form. This typical acorus-looking plant has foliage under 1 inch in
> height and was perfectly hardy here outdoors like its numerous cousins. It
> is about 1/3 the height of the typical A. gramineus pusillus. Does anyone
> grow this and want to trade?

>>Hi James,
Run a search for "Bonsai", A. gramineus pusillus is often listed in
Bonsai catalogs.
BTW; are you familiar with A. gramineus pusillus 'Aureus'? It's about
the same size (slightly larger)
and chartreuse to yellow.
Regards,
Dan Harrison
danhar@earthlink.net
ICQ#1934397<<
Hi Guys,
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I believe that fairly recent research
has shown that Acorus is NOT an Aroid!  Any one else has more info on this??
Cheers,
Julius
ju-bo@msn.com