RE: Kaichen Website

Actually, I had an experience similar to Wilbert and others, with painfully
slow downloads, interspersed with very brief bursts of speed. It is
definitely NOT my provider-- I have a cable modem that is nearly as fast as
a dedicated T1 link (thats 1.5 megabits per second).

Rather, I think the Chinese ration their internet services the same way
they ration hot water-- just a little bit at a time. When I was in rural
China a couple of years ago, the hotels told us we might get hot water
between 7 and 9 PM, and even then it would quit in midstream. Ditto for
electricity. Consider yourself lucky if you can squeeze 200 bits per second
out of the link to Kaichen (with a little hot water now and then). If it's
downloading quickly, finish your shower IMMEDIATELY!

--Roy