Anthurium araliaefolium

Dear Aroiders,

I have an A. araliaefolium, now I read that this species comes from New
Caledonia, this wonders me, because this Island is so near by Australia.
I always thought Anthuriums are only growing in Central and South America?
Can anybody tell me if this is true that this species is native at New

Another questions is about Anthurium wendlingeri:
Can anybody give me some hints how to grow this species optimal? It seems
that it grows sooooo slow or did I make mistakes in cultivation this species?
Thomas Mottl