Re: Anthurium araliaefolium

Dear Thomas,

Madison, in his revision of the species of Anthurium with palmately
divided leaves (Selbyana) wrote that Anth. araliifolium was described
after a single cultivated specimen said to have come from New Caledonia,
however Engler considered that it was probably from Central America.
Madison thinks that it might be a hybrid between Anth. podophyllum and a
species with cordate leaves ...

Concerning Anth. wendlingeri, I used to grow mine when it was young in
pure sphagnum moss until the blades reached about 30 cm, then in a mix
of pine bark, polystyrene, shoped sphagnum and perlite. The leaves are
now more than 1 m long. It grew very fast when it was young but now that
it is adult, it is producing new leaves much less often.

Best regards

David Scherberich