Re: misidentified tuber?

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: misidentified tuber?
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:17:15 -0500 (CDT)

If your plant is anything like T. (S.) venosum, it should have a "pedate"
leaf, i.e. foot-shaped. The leaflets of Arisaema concinnum are grouped in a
circle, so the circumference of the entire leaf-blade is circular. Below
ground you may find that T. venosum produces sessile offsets, while A.
concinnum should be producing offsets on long, rhizomatous runners. I also
think that A. concinnum never produces as extravagantly spotted/blotched
leaf-stems as T. venosum does.