RE: A. bulbifer question

At 08:29 PM 8/31/00 -0500, Tim wrote:
> I noticed that my 2" dia. A. bulbifer is
>sending up a small shoot from the base of the leaf. While I find that
>nothing new in the way of aroid behavior surprises me anymore, I had not yet
>seen this event from this plant.
>Q:  How common is this behavior?

I don't know.

>Plenty of pot space, mild fertilizer and
>full sun. I do see where Aroideana states leaf can be in pairs. Does it NEED
>this new leaf?

I don't know.

>Will I develop a larger bulb if I prune the new growth?

I don't know.

>Will the Cubs ever do any better?

Only if they move to Nashville, whereupon they will win the Pennant.

Actually, I also have an A. bulbifer question.  I am not exactly what one
would call an "aroidiphile", but I have a few aroids, A. bulbifer among
them.  This is my first season with this plant, and, true to its name, it
made a little bulbil at the center of its leaf.  Do I plant this thing?  If
so, do I carve away all of the attached leaf?  When do I know when to stop
carving?  If it's too young this year, will the bulbil next year be viable?

Is there an archive of this list?

Thanks in advance,

Carol Ann
Nashville, home of the Titans