Swamp escort requested

At 05:29 PM 9/7/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>this reply is from florida's better ceast. if you've read 'the orchid
>thief,' you might want to explore the fakahatchee strand state park near
>naples [and if you haven't read the orchid thief, shame on you] as well as
>the corkscrew swamp sanctuary.

To a kid from Oregon, seeing native bromeliads growing on a tree branch,
standing in waist deep mud, while your blood is sucked dry by misquotes
wearing a garland of ghost orchids is not to be missed.  Did i mention the
sweltering heat?  Who is with me??!!  I need a guide. Volunteers welcome.

Just finished reading 'The Orchid Thief'.  I see Aroid list member Dewey
Fisk is in the book.  I have never met anyone famous before.  I am *so*
looking forward to this trip to the land of plant nuts (so I can feel at
home among my own kind!)

jack in cold Portland Oregon