Re: Dracontium pittieri pictures

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Dracontium pittieri pictures
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 10:00:24 -0500 (CDT)

> Hmmmm...
>
> Never been particularly inspired by tuberous terrestrial aroids
> (Amorphophallus aficionados, please feel free to spontaneously combust
right
> about here) -

Could somebody of the moderators get this man OFF the list IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!
Listen, you censor this group or you don't but this one must have slipped
through..........right? Tell me I am right!! PLEASE!!!!

 but the spathe on this baby is "Bo-koo Zoo-perb"!

O.k., that's a mild consolation.....

> To those "in the know" - is this a fair example of D. pittieri - or is it
an
> atypically gorgeous specimen. If the former, may consider jostling my
> Anthurium pots a tad to make room for one.

As Julius has rightly written, to my mind, we are talking D. gigas here.
However, I must admit that the spathe inside is really much more red than in
my plant. So, is there a slight chance that this is an accidentally
SHORT-pedunculate pittieri??? Does D. pittieri have such a red
spathe-inside? Hey, Guanghua, get off your ... and help us out here!!!!!

Wilbert (climbing aroids' worst nightmare!)